Casino gamblers have superstitions. They believe that luck is brought by certain habits. Maybe some tables help them win more. Lucky numbers and forms of bets exist. They assume that if they roll the dice in a certain way, the results would be better. We may be able to broaden the list, but you get what we mean: There are many things that gamblers assume that have no empirical basis.
Almost every gambler believes that it is better to play at a casino on a given day of the week; and even at a specific time! So, are these superstitions coming from somewhere? You may be shocked, but yes. Going to the casinos on those days and hours will make it more beneficial for you. This profit, however, is probably not what you expect. Below, we describe this in depth and find out if choosing a particular day to gamble would really change something.
Where Does This Casino Superstition Come From?
This belief is based on the premise that, on some days and periods, casinos adjust the payout rate of games. For example, gamblers assume that after 6pm on Fridays, slot machines pay more often because the casino begins to fill up at this time, so slot machines start paying a little more often to boost players spending money. Between 10am and 6pm, the number of players is very limited, so the games pay less.
People start leaving the casino progressively after 10 pm, so the games are also starting to give less money. Although this is the common belief, there are also several other opinions, such as:
- Some gamblers think any day of the week is good, but between 3pm and 7pm, it’s easier to play.
- The weekend is when casinos are the most busy, and games on Saturdays and Sundays cost more.
- Some claim that games pay more before the evening hours on Mondays, as the casino is almost empty on the first day of the week, and games start paying more to encourage a limited number of players.
Specific Days and Times are Beneficial for Gambling
Finally, we can come to the conclusion that there are two cases in which it is clear that is better to go to a casino:
- If what you appreciate is a peaceful and quiet casino, then between 10am and 5pm on weekdays is your time. Casinos are empty and you can find seats at all games and tables comfortably. After 5pm on weekdays and on weekends, casinos are very busy, so if you want to play in a peaceful and calm setting, choose the morning hours. This is particularly true for slot players: It is almost impossible to find an empty slot machine in casinos during the rush hours.
- In order not to draw attention, professional gamblers using strategies that casinos do not welcome, should play after 5pm on weekdays and on weekends. It is not illegal to count cards while playing blackjack or baccarat, but no casino will allow this to happen. Thus, they avoid serving players who are accused of counting cards and send them out of the casino. It can be expected, a gambler who counts cards can get a lot of attention if there are only a few players in the casino, since he can win more than average. But it doesn’t get too much attention if the casino is crowded, and it can play for a longer period of time. Therefore, if you are going to use a device or strategy, the time period when the casinos are most crowded should be selected.